BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Does Special Menu still exist in AC23?

I tried to activate the Special Menu in AC23 (there is still a registry entry for it), but it wouldn't show up in the list of available menus.

What I really need is the "Show Penetration Line" command. Is there an alternative to this now?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Richard. There is a preference entry for it in the Mac preferences, too, but I see the same result - enabling it does not make the Special Menu (or its commands) available in the Work Environment.

I haven't used this 'show penetration lines' solution in a really long time... ever since Solid Element Operations and improved trimming made it easier to model things properly. For example, way back when, it was easiest to model a chimney during design development as walls simply penetrating a roof ... and this Special Menu command made the roof edges at the penetration visible in elevations / 3D.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thanks for checking, Karl. Looks like it's going to be SEO then, although the penetration lines would have been so much better in this instance.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!