Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Door Jamb Glitch

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Hello--

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, and what the cause might be. As seen in the screenshots attached, the same door is placed twice in one wall - one opens to the outside the other to the inside, but the one opening to the inside has the jamb sticking out of the wall. If I flip the door to the other way it is behaving correctly, but flipping it to the outside causes this glitch that doesn't properly install the door in the wall as it should. Have experienced this a few other times with even more displacement where sometimes the door and frame are totally outside the wall but still cutting the opening. Anyone have any advice on how to solve this?
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a known issue with some doors in the Archicad 24 USA library. The fix is ready and will be released with a library update for Archicad 24 USA.

The workaround for this is to delete the door and place it again on the side of the wall where it will open to.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
runxel
Legend
This mostly happens with "badly" scripted doors.

I guess this door is not from the OOTB library.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Not sure what OOTB Library is, but the door is D1 24 right out of the AC24 object library.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

David Shorter
Advisor
D1 24, set the frame thickness=wall thickness and it should work (worked for me )
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Lingwisyer
Guru
Pretty sure the issue is caused is due to the Reveal Depth being linked to the frame which means that you cannot use it to recess the opening side of the door.

In 3D you can achieve the correct presentation using the Leaf Rebate Depth in 3D setting, but that does not fix your floor plan... This also only works when showing the door as closed, as the leaf position seems to be offset from the pivot using this value rather than offsetting the pivot itself...

Matching the Casing Thickness in Wallhole to your Frame Thickness can be used if you do not mind an extra line through your frame. With that, you set your Frame Thickness to be your Wall Thickness minus your Reveal Depth.

Ling.

Note: I am using a different library in a different version so things may vary...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
David Shorter
Advisor
you said you are using "Not sure what OOTB Library is, but the door is D1 24 right out of the AC24 object library."
So you are you using AC24?
I can't make the frame offset as shown in your pic with casings applied.
What are you door settings?
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a known issue with some doors in the Archicad 24 USA library. The fix is ready and will be released with a library update for Archicad 24 USA.

The workaround for this is to delete the door and place it again on the side of the wall where it will open to.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks Minh
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Rene,

I just want to let you know that the first Library Update for Archicad 24 USA is available, which has fixed this issue. The package can be downloaded via the Check for Update function.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the update!
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

artktecture
Contributor
Minh,

I just updated my AC and libraries to version 24 USA, build 5002, Win64, SOLO version and am still having this issue with the D1 24 object when the frame depth is different than the wall depth and the wall closure type is set to stud wall. This does not occur when the wall closure type is set to solid wall.

Also, when did the USA library door objects lose the door frame parameter "frame depth=wall thickness"? It's really annoying not having this parameter anymore
artKtecture uses Archicad 24/Twinmotion
Lenovo Thinkpad | Xeon E2176M@2.70 GHz | 32GB | Quadro P4200 8GB
Oculus Rift S VR tours
Contour Rollermouse Red Plus (ditch your mouse and get one of these!)
Using a highly modified Shoegnome template (Thanks Shoegnome!)