Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Labels in AC 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to use the doors found in the AC 9 library and with the Builder Dimension option.

Can the dimension label be easily moved to be more out of the way? (like you can with dimensions text). And why do some of the labels read upside down when the label is at 90 degrees to the door?

Thanks,

Don

Mac dual 1.8 G5
AC 9
9 REPLIES 9
Stress Co_
Advisor
Don wrote:
And why do some of the labels read upside down when the label is at 90 degrees to the door?
The walls care which direction they were created.... To rotate ...try this:

Select the wall.

From the menu select: Edit > Modify wall > Invert Direction

If you go: Options > Clean wall & beam intersections... it will show the "direction" of the wall (Control 7 on my mac)
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip!

Finally tried it out, but wasn't able to find "modify wall" under edit after selecting the wall. Any suggestions?

Don
Stress Co_
Advisor
This help?

Remember, the wall needs to be selected for the action to be active.
Marc Corney, Architect

Stress Co_
Advisor
P.S.
I'd still like to know it we can "move" the marker. Mine endup right on the window sil. Hard to read when the window is recessed in a stone veneer wall.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not able to find this in the menu, I was able to find the command in the alphabetical command list, and I assigned a keyboard shortcut to it, selected the wall, hit the shortcut, and nothing happened - any ideas?

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, actually hitting assign in the keyboard shortcut menu does help, I got the command to work, and it does what it should, but its annoying that i cant find it in the menu.

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
The appearance of this function it's depending on the profile you are using.
What you can do is to edit the "Tools" menu and add this Function.
I do it in my profile
Go to Option >Work Environment >Command Layout Schemes> Menus
In the right list select Tools And then press Menu Options>New Menu.
Name it "Modify Wall"
Then in the middle list select "All command by theme" go to "Add Ons" "Modify Wall" >"Modify Wall" and add the Modify wall Function in the menu you create
Hope you understand me!

Try this W-D Marker i make archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8941
Anonymous
Not applicable
aye, I've just worked that out, thank you miker

cheers,
dan
Thomas Holm
Booster
This is the reason I recommend anyone who asks to always install Archicad9 with the Expert profile as default, whatever his/hers level of knowledge is.

This is the only profile that has all essential commands available in the menus. I was at first very dissapointed when I upgraded to 9, as I thought some commands - like "Modify Wall" - that I use often were simply gone.

I think a better way to limit the menu lists in the "lesser" profiles would have been to use sub-menus more, not to remove commands. Now, if you have not installed the Expert profile from the beginning, you really have to be an expert to get at all commands, using the method described in the post above.

It's much easier to install Expert from the beginning. Don't let Graphisoft's defaults limit you!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1