Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Stamp ID not changing with Element ID Manager

JGoode
Advocate
Hello,

I have a custom door and window stamp. I am having an issue with the Element ID manager where when I change the door or window ID's, the ID's on the stamp don't change until it refreshed (e.g going into the door and then out again). Has anyone come across this before and were able to solve it? It appears the Graphisoft door stamp seems to refresh on its own. Any ideas?

Using AC23 FYI

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

If I understand you correctly, you are using a custom door with a custom marker, or is it the default ARCHICAD Door/Window Marker? Or are you using the label Door Window Stamp?

Anyhow, I tested the issue with a default door, D Marker 23 and Door Window Stamp 23. After changing the ID using Element ID Manager, the stamp and marker automatically updated with the change.

I'm wondering if you could share with me a screenshot of the situation that you're having? If it is possible, a small PLA would be great in order for me to experience the issue myself!

Let me know if you need a secure link to drop your file!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

MADheikki
Contributor
The problem seems to be that if you use the id from the stamp's parameter AC_WIDO_ID it won't be updated, but if you fetch it with a request Full_ID_of_parent (like in Graphisoft's window stamp) it will be updated.

This used to work in 21, not anymore in 23. Changes made to the window outside the plan view won't be properly propagated to the parameters of the window stamp without a refresh.