Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Threshold

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I need to use an external sliding bi-folding door on a project but I don't seem to find the box to trigger the threshold like you would normally on other doors. Does anybody know how to make to trigger the threshold?
Ps: Examples attached.

Thank you all in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess I could always put a note saying: "Contractor to provide and fit threshold chosen by the client."
Eduardo Rolon
In the US version it is still there under "Floor Plan and Section" flyout check"Wall Contour Lines"
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.04.33 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning ejrolon,

Thank you very much for the reply. It turns out the UK version has the option under "Floor Plan and Section" as well. Thank you for the guidance.

I was wondering though if there is a way to have the threshold line offset from the wall line say by about 50mm to give that Threshold idea as per the French doors in the attached image. Do you know if it is possible?

I know it wouldn't make a huge difference whether we offset that line or not, but admit I am a bit fussy with drawings and like to get everything spot on as much as possible.

Thank very much in advance.
Eduardo Rolon
If you need to extend it you should use the threshold setting for the door. The one we used before is not "actually" the correct one for this. See the screenshot sor the location for the INT version.
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 8.38.19 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
jrolon,

Thank you for the reply once again.

I noticed we had "allowed" the wall line to show in the previous option.

Regarding triggering the threshold option for the sliding bi-folding doors, that's when my problem comes in, I don't have this option with my door, only casing and guarding.
Eduardo Rolon
You are correct. Try playing with the closure type to see if you can achieve this. Din't forget to verify the 3D and section so that the door looks correct in those too. If that does not work to extend the line then I don't think we have another option except to model them or just draw a line which I think it mightl be overkill.

Another workaround might be to use the "Minimal Space Option" to fake it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon,

Thank you very much for the help, I will try the routes suggested.

It would be nice if a there was a version which we could trigger the threshold like the other doors, hopfully for future versions...