BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door & Window Builder Install Problem

Dave Jochum
Advocate
After installing the latest version of Door & Window Builder (3.5v11) every time I launch AC I get the error message shown in the attachment. Doing a FIND for the file comes up with nothing and re-installing doesn't help. Anyone know how to resolve this? T.I.A.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
5 REPLIES 5
Dave,

DWB installed into a folder that has sub-folders, one of which is a folder called Builder Notes. Once you point it at that folder, the message will go away.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Aaron wrote:
Dave,

DWB installed into a folder that has sub-folders, one of which is a folder called Builder Notes. Once you point it at that folder, the message will go away.
I should have mentioned in my post that that doesn't work. I've pointed to that folder several times but on the next log-in, the same message comes up. BTW, after cancelling the first message, another message follows that says "Extension Terminated", but DWB is available during that AC session and seems to work fine, though I haven't had the opportunity to build a window and use it in a project since upgrading DWB.
Dave Jochum
Dave,

how about a clean install. There were problems with R10 and the building notes warning. R11 seemed to have solved that and so I wonder if there isn't some nasty point to "legacy" stuff. R11 did solve the problem here. Hope that's the simple solution to your problem.

It would sure be helpful if whoever is looking after the Theometric stuff would pipe in here. I don't know whether the silence over the transition or the anticipation of updates is hurting me more.....

Cabinet Builder 3.5 - where are you???????
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Aaron wrote:
Dave,

how about a clean install.
That doesn't work for me either. Do you know if the installer places any files outside of the DWB folder? There is no documentation with the installer that tells, and no uninstall option, so I just trashed the one folder. Thanks for your help.

I've attached the second warning. Somebody could have done a spell check before release.
Dave Jochum
I've sent an e-mail to CADImage Solutions asking for help with this installation problem as well as requesting some statement as to what's up with their acquisition of Theometric. It would be great to hear from them. Again.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!