BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door handle in floor plan?

furtonb
Advisor

Hi,

I haven't found a way to turn on handles in floor plan view for doors and windows (I checked the library part settings and model view options) for the default library parts with symbolic view. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to open doors in 3D and draw the opening lines manually, so using the projected option is not a solution now.

Thanks!

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
16 REPLIES 16

Oh, i get it now, thank you!
Is it too complicated to make your own door marker? We are thinking here in company, to make our own door marker with specific parameters and symbols, but im not sure if it worth it? (in terms of spending time on learning how to produce custom door marker)

Yves' door marker is a good example, with intelligent use of MVO.

For the investement part, it is up to you. I'm workin atm on Yves' marker for my company to improve the MVO use, but markers does'nt seem to be developped by Graphisoft anymore, so you should invest in coding labels.

Haris
Newcomer

Go to hinged door settings > door settins and opening , 3d detail level - FULL > handle and kick board ; select a handle > opening type , 2d and 3d opening angle 50.00 > model attributes, 3d detail level - FULL . 

Now go to floor pland and section of hinged door in settings and Floor plan display set Projected !

As pointed out by the OP, the issue with doing this is that it does it not show opening lines and is linked to the 3D opening angle / length which means it will impact your elevations, sections and 3D views.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Bruno Zietz
Newcomer

- Turn on your handle;

- 3D openning angle with 90º;

- In Floor Plan Display (Element Settings) > Projected with Overhead;

Make sure your door options in model view option are correct.

Hi Yves where is this on the Archi-Cadlink forum ?

Thanks

Yves
Advocate

Hello,
If you want the door brand for the French library
On Archi-CADLink forum you must register and introduce yourself.
You will then have access to the objects to download section.

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
Learn and get certified!