Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door 'opening line in 3D' not showing up correctly in V10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The door object D1 Storeftont 3 10 does not show the 'opening line in 3D' correctly in an interior elevation. Please tell me I made a mistake cuz this is a nice thing to show. I included a pdf to show the plan and the int elevation. THe doors on both ends are the D1 Storefront 3 10 objects. We have the most current library loaded and we are still in V10.
Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Michele
12 REPLIES 12
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michele:

I looked at this object with the default settings except for Opening Line in 3D: and Opening Line Type and the opening lines are correct (they meet on the hinged side of the door). Is your door correct with the default settings?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
My default shows it wrong. Did you put a wall in then add the door then looked at it with an interior elevation tag?

How can mine be wrong then? What the heck is happening? THe library that it's getting it from if from the Object Library 10.LCF and mine is dated 10/3/2006. Isn't that the latest one?

Thanks,
Michele
(I'll add the signature - really I will)
AC10 XP
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michele:

Works fine here (see attached image). My Object Library 10.lcf is dated 9/05/2006. Some other countries use the reverse symbol (lines meet at the handle side, not the hinge side), so maybe you have a non-US library (I don't know how that would happen).

For those on ArchiCAD 11, ArchiCAD 10 has only the single Section/Elevation Tool, ArchiCAD 11 separated those two tools and added the Interior Elevation Tool.

David
DoorSwing3D.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Michelle -- I've had this problem in AC10 in a file also using the Door and Window Builder -- I assumed there was some sort of conflict between called macros, perhaps? Are you using DWB?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Djordje
Ace
Michele wrote:
The door object D1 Storeftont 3 10 does not show the 'opening line in 3D' correctly in an interior elevation. Please tell me I made a mistake cuz this is a nice thing to show. I included a pdf to show the plan and the int elevation. THe doors on both ends are the D1 Storefront 3 10 objects. We have the most current library loaded and we are still in V10.
Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Michele
I have INT, but should there not be a parameter to choose the opening line type?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Djordje wrote:
I have INT, but should there not be a parameter to choose the opening line type?
I believe the issue is not the line type, but the relationship of the 3d opening lines and the hinge side of the door (as illustrated below with double doors).
Djordje
Ace
Opening line.JPG
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Ahh -- USA version does not have a parameter for "Opening Line Style".
sf door dialog.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem? We are using US libraries since it's in English and everything else works. We downloaded the library .lcf the last time we checked for updates so we have the most current. Can I go back to the old door object if that's the only thing I have a problem with? Or..... is Archicad going to fix the library object anytime soon?!

Thanks,
Michele