BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I add an horizontal rail a third of the way up the door?
Why is there no editable grid for doors?
I cannot find a way to do this with Cadimage doors either
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
With Cadimage doors you can put a horizontal rail at any height you like, but no, its not stretchy.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
For those who don't have CadImage Tools and want to create a rail on a Door.

It is possible to create custom Door panels. When you draw the geometry of the Door panel you can just create the Rail as well, which will appear as part of the custom Door panel geometry. It will not be parametric and will appear only when that custom Door panel is used, but it serves the purpose.

Of course, another method is to just create the Rail using another element, like a GDL object or a Morph. But in that case you will have to make sure that you move it along with the Door if the Door is ever moved afterwards.
With the first method the rail will move with the Door as it is part of the custom Door panel.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
I was looking at glazing bars/muntins
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:

It is possible to create custom Door panels. When you draw the geometry of the Door panel you can just create the Rail as well, which will appear as part of the custom Door panel geometry. It will not be parametric and will appear only when that custom Door panel is used, but it serves the purpose.

Of course, another method is to just create the Rail using another element, like a GDL object or a Morph. But in that case you will have to make sure that you move it along with the Door if the Door is ever moved afterwards.
With the first method the rail will move with the Door as it is part of the custom Door panel.
Really? There isn't a standard door with a rail?
Rogerdodge wrote:
Thanks
I was looking at glazing bars/muntins
Some of the settings are hidden in sub-menus that aren't where they used to be. I have been in touch with Cadimage lately about a few issues, and there will be an update soon which looks very good. Definitely a big improvement on previous versions (AC 16 and earlier)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
s2art wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:

Really? There isn't a standard door with a rail?
Well, sounds like you are asking me this like this is my fault.

Anyway, taking a second look at it in the Door Settings Dialog, it is probably a better idea to create a custom Handle in the shape of a Rail than create the Rail as part of a custom Door leaf. Fr some reason most Doors don't have this option, while for example the Storefront Door has multiple horizontal bar handle options.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Well, sounds like you are asking me this like this is my fault.
Not at all. I just can't believe there is not a door like this as standard. I have never used the AC doors so I wouldn't know.
Learn and get certified!