Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door surfaces

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am not able to change surface materials on some doors wood internal doors and garage doors. Also the materials on the masonry arch. Is anyone else having this problem or do I have a global setting incorrect someplace.

It seems like the older versions....where there was a button for all materials to be the same. I can't seem to turn it off. Have toggled the switch for uniform materials on the door leaf dialogue box....but it seems to stay on (using uniform materials). If I turn it off, I can change materials in the dialogue box but nothing actually happens to the door.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom wrote:
It seems like the older versions....where there was a button for all materials to be the same. I can't seem to turn it off. Have toggled the switch for uniform materials on the door leaf dialogue box....but it seems to stay on (using uniform materials). If I turn it off, I can change materials in the dialogue box but nothing actually happens to the door.
In the Door Settings, check the Model panel, there is a Surfaces Override option there.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tom Krowka
Booster
That's where the problem lies. When that box is unchecked, assigning different materials has no effect.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Billy Earnest
Participant
Tom wrote:
That's where the problem lies. When that box is unchecked, assigning different materials has no effect.
I'm having this problem in AC21. I've got some doors that have glass, but no matter what I try, the entire door shows up like brown paint. I can't get the leaf, frame, glass materials to override, no matter what I do. In this file, the old library doors do the same as the newly inserted library doors.
I've checked that box on/off, it makes no difference. Why do we have to redoing these same things over & over? It's making me crazy!
Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 7.24.23 PM.png
iMac & MacBook Pro
Billy Earnest
Participant
Billy wrote:
Tom wrote:
I'm having this problem in AC21. I've got some doors that have glass, but no matter what I try, the entire door shows up like brown paint. I can't get the leaf, frame, glass materials to override, no matter what I do. In this file, the old library doors do the same as the newly inserted library doors.
I've checked that box on/off, it makes no difference. Why do we have to redoing these same things over & over? It's making me crazy!
Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I found the solution in a setting that was not only turned off/on the wrong way, but not even showing by default! Geez....
Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Door Tool > Model and make it visible.
iMac & MacBook Pro
Tom Krowka
Booster
wow. Good catch. Always good to find an answer.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Billy Earnest
Participant
I wish they wouldn't change/hide all these ridiculous settings when the rewrite the stuff every couple years.
So far, working with AC21...overall, I like it better, but I prefer the door/window interface from 18. It made more sense to me then....quite an improvement from the prior versions. Now it's back in random kookoo land. Looks to me the difference when pure programmers write something vs. when people who actually use the software & know how to put buildings together write it.
iMac & MacBook Pro
Learn and get certified!