BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door wall contours not showing in 3D

Bruce
Expert
I've created a door object, but for some reason the wall contours for the hole aren't showing. The weird thing is, this is the third door object I've created, and the other two show the wall hole contours just fine.

I can't figure out what I've done differently.

Any clues?

7-05-2017 7-56-02 PM.jpg
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bruce:

One possibility, look at main Library Part Window > Details > Compatibility Options... > Switch off 3D contour.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Bruce
Expert
Thanks David. That setting was checked, but un-checking hasn't given me the contours.

Cheers
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bruce:

If the 3D Script of the door uses the WallHole command, then the edges have status codes that control edge visibility. If that is not the case, you can zip the door part and post it here for others to look at.

Thanks for adding your AC version to your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Bruce
Expert
No WALLHOLE command used. But the contours are working now. Didn't do anything...they just decided to work.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Learn and get certified!