BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door with sidelight sizing

Anonymous
Not applicable
When placing a door with sidelight, how can the unit be stretched in plan & keep the door size constant at say 810mm or 760mm so only the sidelight size increases?
I think thats clear.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Rodge

Are you using Cadimage doors? I stretched the doors below by grabbing their nodes. Door leaf size remained the same while the sidelight changed. Worked with both door and window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Stu, in this case AC.
I am trying to model interior office partitioning & had tried to use Cadimage windows as you can place a door in them, but I couldn't get the bottom part of the frame out where the door is.
Do you know if there is a way to do that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure, in that case. Have not used AC doors or windows (almost) ever.

Cadimage Windows with a door panel will have a frame running under the door leaf, but you can have as many sidelights as you want.
Cadimage Doors do not have a frame under the door leaf, but you are limited to a single sidelight each side.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you planning on scheduling these partitions? For long glazed partitions with doors in the odd panel, if you use the Cadimage Door tool for the door and Window tool for sidelights (with whatever works for Join Adjacent frame setting) you'll get what you want. They will just be separate units.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm bugger I was really hoping you were going to tell me its really easy!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage door & window schedule, how can I get the doors & windows from 1 wall to all schedule as one unit?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not entirely sure. Might be a question for Cadimage themselves

I've been thru all the settings (changed Custom Settings to All Parameters) and could not find anything to turn off door threshold frame in the window object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried yesterday too, it would be ideal if you could.
I will email them & see if they can implement this, but it wont help me on this job.
Learn and get certified!