Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Doors and Windows in 3D cutaway view

atk123
Participant

Hello,

I am new to Archicad (using 24 EDU version) and am struggling with my 3D view. I have gone through all the settings but cannot see why my doors show up on my 2D plan (see attached) but not on my 3D top-down cutaway view (also attached).  A few doors show up, but most do not. None of the window openings show which I'd like to see from this perspective.

I have searched the forum but have not been able to find a solution. If anyone can help, I'd be most appreciative!

2d view.png3d view.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

How are you generating your 3D view? Is the cutting plane through the walls in 3D low enough to cut through the actual doors or is it positioned at the first floor storey level so is above the door head height?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Solution

How are you generating your 3D view? Is the cutting plane through the walls in 3D low enough to cut through the actual doors or is it positioned at the first floor storey level so is above the door head height?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
DGSketcher
Legend

@atk123 Hopefully you are using 3D Document from Plan in which case adjusting the cut plane is easy in the settings? As @Lee Hankins has suggested your cut plane appears to be set above your openings.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I assume you’ve a 3D axonometric top view and you use filter elements in 3D to display one floor plan this case you should use 3D cutting planes to adjust the cutting height to be lower than door heading as @Lee Hankins said then you select all doors and from door settings panel search for opening angle and in 3D box type 90 degree or whatever you like, I hope that helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Thanks, Lee. I lowered the cut as suggested which worked perfectly for viewing window openings. However, most of the doors are still not visible. I can see the openings, but not the doors. Settings are same for those visible vs not as far as I can tell. Hinged with opening, etc. Would there be a wall setting or anything else causing this problem?  It appears exterior doors are showing okay, as are those within newly added walls. Thanks again

door setting.pnglower cut 3d.png
atk123
Participant

Thanks @Lee Hankins  @Mahmoud Qenawi and @DGSketcher . I lowered the cut as suggested which worked perfectly for viewing window openings. However, most of the doors are still not visible. I can see the openings, but not the doors. Settings are same for those visible vs not as far as I can tell. Hinged with opening, etc. Would there be a wall setting or anything else causing this problem?  It appears exterior doors are showing okay, as are those within newly added walls. Thanks again

atk123
Participant

I've also tried injecting the parameters from a door that is visible to one that's not and it makes no difference.

Make sure they are in the correct renovation setting. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

They all are set to existing renovation status. 

atk123
Participant

@Lee Hankins I have deleted old doors and created new doors and it seems to show on 3D now. Not sure what was wrong with original setup? Thanks very much for your help.