Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors and Windows show in 3-D but not in plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 11 - I checked and corrected the Cut Line. I removed a double wall. I even removed the floor slab to make sure it was not blocking or hiding the door. When you put a new door or window in a wall, it shows up below the wall. When you correct the vertical location, the object does not show up in the floor plan even though the object does correct its location in the wall 3D. I have upgraded the program and will check this again while I await your comment. I also checked to be sure the correct layers were on.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try verifying the Floor Plan Cut Plane on Document menu. It seems to me you are inserting doors above the reach of your cut plane (after you move them up). Also, sounds like your door anchor settings are "sill to story" and the walls you are referring are a little above the story you design them on.
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Have you check the Model View Options?

Regards.
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
Danlawrence
One more potential thing that could be causing your problem if none of the other suggestions correct it, is:
Check the physical height of that story, because in 3d all things show, but if your stories physical height is say, 1", that's 1 inch, nothing above that point will show in 2 d
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the comments, it usually turns out to be something simple. The wall was not set at the correct grade. You could see the wall but not the door in plan. It was not off enough to be noticable in a quick check with 3 D. Thanks Again