Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors disappeared in plan view...Need Help...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a 3 story building and it seems, that at some point, something went wrong and all doors on story 0 disappeared...
But only on the plan view...they appear just fine in the 3d window/sections/elevations...

I can't tell when and how this happened...I can't make them appear again on plan, no matter what i tried...Also I tried to create new doors/win on that same plan with no success...They don't appear as well...On the 2 other stories doors/win appear as they should....

To solve this, i tried different model view options, I enabled all layers, checked all the renovation status options and nothing worked...

I can't think of any other possible solution.... Any help, would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm using ArchiCAD 19 Build 4011 on Win8.1
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mpoulis:

Another thing to check for Walls and Doors: Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic Cut (which ignores the Floor Plan Cut Plane). Or check the settings for the Floor Plan Cut Plane.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
mpoulis:

Another thing to check for Walls and Doors: Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic Cut (which ignores the Floor Plan Cut Plane). Or check the settings for the Floor Plan Cut Plane.

David
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply!
Checked those but neither solves the issue...
Floor Plan Cut Plane is the default and Floor Plan Display for Doors/Win is set to Symbolic as by default, which works on the other stories...Changed it to the other option but didn't have any results...

Could it be a bug or something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solved it!

Although it seems to me there might be a bug...

The floor plan display of the walls, was set to projected as by default, and for the doors was set to symbolic...

So I changed the walls display from projected to symbolic cut, and the doors reappeared...Good...then i set the display of the walls back to projected and the doors still appear....So I have my doors back for good, but....what happened and made them disappear????

Anyway Thanks David for your help!