BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors not showing in plan view! HELP PLEASE!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
While waiting for someone to let me know why AC17 is not letting me put doors into the composite walls I created, I took a look at the 3d window and all the doors are there. There are about 20 doors all overlapping each other where I have repeatedly tried to place a door in the plan view. In the plan view the doors don't exist, or at least there is no evidence of a door being in the wall. Even if I select the wall, or place a marquee around the wall and do a select all doors, nothing shows up. Anyone have any ideas on this problem? I've never had this problem placing doors before.

I tried all the display settings and one of them (overhead all) shows the door in plan, but the wall is still where the door is. The insulation and both layers of 5/8" gyp bd. are reading right through the door!! All the other settings are creating a crazy mishmash of lines where the door should be and the other one shows nothing (the one I started with, I think it's symbolic).

Am off to a really bad start trying to do the composite skin thing!!

Below is a jpg of the door. Why in the world is the wall still in the opening?
Yes, I checked to make sure there were not two walls there.

door problem .jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Lots of (even recent) threads on this. Has been a question since Floor Plan Cut Plane was introduced years ago.

Your walls/doors must not be set to symbolic, in whiich case the floor plan view responds to the Floor Plan Cut Plane (FPCP) settings - saved with each view. Make sure the plane cuts at a height that goes through your doors and you should be OK. (Also assume Model View Options [MVO] have doors set to display.)

See...among other articles there:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

My floor plan cut plane is set to 4'-0" above current story. I've never changed that.

Walls floor plan display is set to projected with overhead.

I can not get the doors to work anymore.
I didn't do anything except create some composite wall types because I am finally going to try to do a job with the new skin/composite features.
I have layed out the exterior walls and when I tried to put the same doors that I always use into the new composite walls nothing is working.

I have finally got the door and wall to read correctly, but have lost the swing line of the door. I'm trying everything and no swing line.
I can't figure out what in the world happened to these door settings.
I am using doors straight from a plan in this same file where they are
just fine until I move them into these new composite walls.

I need a break right now. I will try searching the threads in a bit.
Dosen't make any sense that these doors and their settings don't work right in a custom composite wall.

My cursor doesn't even recognize the end of the door leaf.
Only the corners of the jamb... what in the world?

I just alt clicked a sliding glass door from the other plan that is in this file
and tried to put it into one of the composite walls and it goes in there, but is completely different pen colors, leaf configuration, there is some strange fill in the leaf panels.

Karl wrote:
Lots of (even recent) threads on this. Has been a question since Floor Plan Cut Plane was introduced years ago.

Your walls/doors must not be set to symbolic, in whiich case the floor plan view responds to the Floor Plan Cut Plane (FPCP) settings - saved with each view. Make sure the plane cuts at a height that goes through your doors and you should be OK. (Also assume Model View Options [MVO] have doors set to display.)

See...among other articles there:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonathan:

I would try setting both the Wall and the Door to: Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic, which ignores the Floor Plan Cut Plane (and so simplifies the options).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David.

Thank you very much!! That solved the problem like magic.
I could not for the life of me figure out what the heck happened and it only got worse when I realized how many variations of settings there were. like finding flight 370 from a dinghy.

Best,

Jonathan

David wrote:
Jonathan:

I would try setting both the Wall and the Door to: Floor Plan and Section > Floor Plan Display > Symbolic, which ignores the Floor Plan Cut Plane (and so simplifies the options).

David
Learn and get certified!