Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors, windows and stairs default to orange

Anonymous
Not applicable
The stairs, windows and doors in my archicad project (first one having moved from Revit to Archicad) are orange.

Is this how they should be or is there a way to change the current and any subsequent 2D representation to black?

Am I getting it wrong and that I should have some form of override that deals with the colour (I'm still learning about pen sets, model view options and graphic overrides)?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD by default is a much colorful application than Revit. You should learn more about Pen Sets, that would be the easiest way to go from a color representation to a black & white representation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo, in Justin trying to gauge what is the best workflow, I'll use pensets to control it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a specific reason that they are orange by default?
Eduardo Rolon
Nope.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
thompsonmp wrote:
Is there a specific reason that they are orange by default?
I've had a read up about pen sets (thanks for pointing me in the right direction Laszlo.

For anyone else with the same query as me, the following video is a brief overview:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zul0Znt69KE

The video and image attached indicate why the stairs are orange, based on the default pen sets organisation

The blogs/ posts from Jared Banks (Shoegnome etc) have been a vital source of information for me and his opinion differs from the default setup for pen sets (https://blog.graphisoftus.com/archicad-education/tips-and-tricks/pen-sets-part-four).

What is everyone's opinion/preference please?
Learn and get certified!