BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drag a copy doesn't work for lib. parts in elevations in 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its so minor I shouldn't even bother, but I noticed that the drage a copy command (Ctrl+Shift+D) doesn't work with a library part in elevation. It does work with a leader, which struck me as a bizarre inconsistency.

I thought maybe its something with my computer, but wondered if others have experienced the same glitch.

Nathan Brauer

PS. The part in question is a strictly 2D symbol, no 3d Elements.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted to the list about the inability to copy-drag in elevations using the menu command awhile back.

Responses taught me about hitting the option key while dragging, which can produce a single or multiple copies. Interesting and useful, but I still see this as a silly bug.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Nathan & Robert:

Have you installed the latest patch (1965) for ArchiCAD 9? I had this problem with the earlier release, but now it is fixed. I can Drag a Copy of a 2D object in the section/elevation window, but cannot Drag a Copy of 3D objects (Drag only).

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ArchiCAD 9 Help says this about Drag, Rotate, Mirror a Copy:

ArchiCAD 9 Reference Guide > Techniques > Creating Element Duplicates > Drag, Rotate, Mirror a Copy

This feature works in both the Floor Plan and the 3D Window. In the Section/Elevation window, the feature works on both additional drawing elements and Doors and Windows (dragging only). In Detail Drawings, you can use it on any drawing elements.

I think the reason you can create copies of only Doors/Windows in S/E Windows but not any other 3D Construction elements is because in the S/E Windows you are not capable of defining the X,Y coordinates of the duplicate the way you can do it in 3D.

But I agree this could be more subtle. Like this. If you drag a copy of a Library Object, if will be moved in a vertical plane parallel to your Section Line. So with such limitations, but it still could be done.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!