Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drag a copy, etc. etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started using the UK version of 8.1 after getting use to the drag a copy by just toggling the command key (Mac v) in version 8.0.

However in version 8.1 it only works by using the alt key. Worse than that though it doesn't seem to work at all using the mirror or rotate commands. This behavior is common to at least 3 Macs that I have installed it on.

Any clues, or is there a keyboard shortcut that I can use?

Thanks

Pete D
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have had problems with the drag a copy feature in the American version. It's still a habit for me to hit the control key to drag a copy and it works! But, if I hit the control key by accident (I guess that's the reason they moved the function to the alt key) and want to undo the copy mode, I can't. I hit the control key it doesn't get rid of the "+" sign, I hit the alt buttonand it still doesn't get rid of it. I end up having to cancel the operation itself and starting over. A little bit of a pain. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Stuart Bloese
Booster
I have found the same problem with drag a copy etc. In 8.0 it use to work by hitting apple D then apple. It now works by hitting apple D alt..... But if you move the centre of origin "Alt Shift" it will either select a copy or deselect the drag a copy which you asked it to do.

I find that if I move the orign point to where I start the drag the object it will turn the command into a drag a copy. If I move the centre of orign to a corner of a slab etc. it will not change it to drag a copy when I press alt shift. If I move then centre of origin onto the mid point of a line it again will change it to drag a copy.

Can somebody tell me what was wrong with the way the shortcuts worked in version 7 or 8.0, why the change in 8.1 it is really a pain in the neck.

Stuart
Mac OS X 10.2.8 G4 1Ghz 1Gig ram
__archiben
Booster
Stuart wrote:
Can somebody tell me what was wrong with the way the shortcuts worked in version 7 or 8.0, why the change in 8.1 it is really a pain in the neck.
stuart

i find that it is better for me in 8.1 with Alt rather than Cmd . . .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2595&highlight=beware#2595

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup