BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Draw a Degree, Min, Second Boundary Line

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,
I know this is embarrassing, I have been using Archicad for long times and I still don’t even know how to draw a line with Degree Second and Boundary!!! I want to know how to draw boundary lines from following Boundary info, those three lines all joint together become a triangle:

1. 55.18m (206 03' 0'')
2. 44.77m (326 11' 0'')
3. 50.34m (74 47' 0'')

Hope to get response from you all Master Archicad Users!!

Much thanks
Star
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Link:

When I divide (1/60)/60 (one degree divided by 60 minutes divided by 60 seconds), I get 0.000277, which is more than 0.0001, so the four decimal places should be more precise than the degrees, minutes, seconds. In the US, typically the property lines are given lengths to two decimal places of a foot, so the lack of accuracy may be more an issue of the lengths rather than the angles. (And in the surveys I receive of an existing house on a lot, the building perimeter and distances to the property lines are to one decimal place of a foot, which is a bit more than an inch.) On anything other than a rectangular lot, I can never get the property line perimeter to close (you gotta zoom way in), I think the surveyors geometric description is just not that fine.

Plus, you've got that whole thing about the earth being curved 😉.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!