BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing 3D linework in ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all, i'm returning to Archicad after a long absence. As such, i'm not as familiar with the features of AC16.

I'm attempting to model a complex creeper trellace that is suspended between a steel portal frame. Sounds easy - I can model the suspended creeper trellace itself, because it is essentially trench-mesh cold rolled and clamped together. My challenge, and my question to the forum, is that i want to also model the 48 wire cables that suspend the trellace in place. While each wire is straight, each one has a different profile, slanting in both the x and y axis.

What i am trying to do i could do in sketchup, 3d studio and rhio, but i'm hoping to do it here in ArchiCAD: Is it possible? I would like to draw a guide line and then extrude a profile along it, or use an existing library part?

I've attached an axo so that you can see what i'm trying to achieve.

Thanks for any advice you can offer in advance ; )[/img]
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use morph tool for this, you can use polyline method to drawer centreline in 3d and then extrude face along this path, look at the YouTube tutorials for examples
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Videos detailing all aspects of the Morph Tool:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1196509B1C879ACD
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
JaredBanks
Mentor
Since morph lines can be drawn in elevation or section, this should be super easy to do now in ArchiCAD 16.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!