BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Drawing/Modeling Roof with wooden beams with insulation inbetween

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a task at work to model a old Austrian building from 1900 and then export it in Archiphysik for EA calculations. I am having issues doing the Roof. It is a wooden beam angled roof with insulation in between and wooden planks on top with another wooden beams which are much smaller for holding the Aluminum Blech.

The issue I am having is I cant seem to find a way to do that part as one component since I need it that way for the U-Value. I could do it using Morph and model everything, then using the Roof component to finish of the Aluminium blech. But then I am left with two-three components just for the Roof. (Also I cant seem to find the way to assigne the Morph object U-Value after).

If someone know how to do this part it would help me alot, I have to submit the project to my Boss by tomorrow.
The image of a section is in attachment. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Podolsky
Ace
I think you need use wooden members from RoofMaker mixed with beam tool and simple roof, that represent internal and external covers and insulation as composite. Insulation can clash with wooden structure members, for that you can use Solid Element Operation to clean intersections.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could I make a Beam Profile in Profile Manager and ditch the RoofMaker? Then use Roof Component for simple surface?
Podolsky
Ace
Theoretically you can - GDL script can read and use profiles from Profile Manager. But I'm not sure that RoofMaker library elements were updated to this function. Because of that for profiled elements you need to use beams.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It all falls into water when the Archiphysik only takes Walls, Roofs, Slabs...
Learn and get certified!