BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Drawing Scale to TITLE OBJECT

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I cannot find the glob parameter that tells my TITLE OBJECT what scale the DRAWING it is linked to is...

AC_DrawingSCALE seems to be the STRING form, but I need the number form that will allow me to code my own GRAPHIC SCALE into a title object.

GLOB_SCALE is the scale of the TITLE OBJECT itself (1:1)

I see in GS's code for their graphic scale some gyrations of IF TextScale = 'X" then the the NumberScale = "Y"... really?

Anyone?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
hhhhhmmmm,
interesting problem

have you tried.....

Scale_Text_Line = AC_DrawingScale
nn = SPLIT (Scale_Text_Line, "%n:%n", num1, colon2,num3)
if nn > 0 then
text2 0,0, num3
if num3 > 50 then
text2 0,0.005, "Greater than 1 to 50"
endif
endif
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So... I've wasted enough time on this... unfortunately the AC_drawingScale is formatted the same as the old <drawingscale>.. so it returns a value like...

1/4" = 1'-0"

Using an extrapolated version of your SPLIT, I can get the num1 to equal the 1/4", but can't use it in an equation (so I can't multiply it by metric conversion, etc)...

Also, If have a scale that's ENGINEERING, I have to reverse SPLIT and use the Num3...

Seems like ArchiCAD knows what this number is (as a pure multiplier (1:48))... so it just shouldn't be this tough...

Thanks for the direction... but I still can't make it work.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
... so for now, i am just typing in the FACTOR (into a manual parameter) so it works, but potential for coordination looms large.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!