BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Duplicate Library Parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you purge duplicate library parts out of a file... they seem to be hogging all of the memory on my machine. Files take forever to open, etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
scoreville,

Version number?

Other posts show how to hunt down duplicates, depends on version as to
how easy its going to be. 14 makes it easy, before14, it's hunt and peck.

Sure it is the duplicates? Must be tons of them. Is this a legacy file with library migration, maybe several?
It can be related to having lots or independent details or large template files hanging around.
Several posts point to speed issues in 14 not present in 12/13. Read this Wiki though.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Snapcrackle-

Thanks for the reply. I can tell you have experience with this. I'm using ArchiCAD 13... I have 14 sitting on my desk, however I haven't loaded it yet. Maybe migration to 14 would be part of the solution.

To be honest with you, I've been using the same template file... or shall we say... I've growing the same template file since version 10 and haven't ever done any purging or file maintanence to the template to address the duplicate objects issue.

The really strange thing is that the files would open just fine in v10 however, in v13 they take forever to open on my older system (20 minutes)... core 2duo, XP-32. But, they seem to open significantly faster (40 seconds).... on my newer workstation... coreI7, Win7-64, 8 gigs of RAM.

Do you know of an efficient solution for v13 or is the fix in 14? or could it be something else?
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are many issues to speed and responsiveness.

One that you can alter without spending money is disk access speed.

My answer belongs in the Hardware Topic, so look here under Hardware.

Please include your working AC version in your signature.

Snap
Learn and get certified!