BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

ECO Designer problems!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I am trying to use ECO designer for the first time, but when I try to scroll the activities list on the first page of ECO designer a yellow triangle with expression mark appears and it says MISSING.

I have looked into the XML files in the Addon folder and they appear to be in order.

I did however install AC in a non default folder due to prior installation issues. But I have no problem loading either weather data or installation lists. Could this cause the problem?

Grateful for all help I could possibly get!
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
It is possible that your non-standard installation location is the problem - perhaps all of the ED data was not installed because of that, or ED cannot find it.

Look inside your ArchiCAD program folder > Add-Ons > EcoDesigner. You should see the attached. The usage info and more is stored in one of the localized folders. If they are all there, and each folder has 6 XML files in it, then EcoDesigner may have an issue with finding those folders if AC has not been installed in the standard location.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply!

I found the problem, I was trying to use the INT ED with SWE AC... Although I do not understand how that could have been the problem or not it solved it self once I found the SWE ED version.

I do have one other problem though. I am currently in Sarajevo, BiH for my internship and I am trying to find the correct settings of the weather data.

Just by GPS coordinates I don´t get the right results. It seem that the mid temprature given from the server is way higher than the actual mid temprature here. The city it self is at 500+ meter above sea level. Which may confuse the weather data.

Is there a way to hack your own XML file to better suit local conditions?

Thanks for all the help!

Regards

An eco concerned architect student
Learn and get certified!