Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

EcoDesigner PLEASE help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick question when using EcoDesigner.

When I run it, it loads and does its thing, but I am unable to click on 'Start Evaluation'.

Does anyone know why? Or what settings need to be adjusted in order to be able to do an evaluation?

For the record, I am proficient in ArchiCAD, but have never used EcoDesigner yet. Thanks so much in advance!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nevermind I think I got it. I was trying to change the material through the structures tab as well, but I guess that can only be changed through the cut fill.

So you can only change the thermal and such of the cut fill you are currently using.
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW I recommend to switch to AC14 (as student this is easy), because it has been developed further. There is a really handy option to overrule the thermal calculation. This bypasses the need to input each fill.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
BTW I recommend to switch to AC14 (as student this is easy), because it has been developed further. There is a really handy option to overrule the thermal calculation. This bypasses the need to input each fill.
By overrule do you mean type it in manually? Or you can input a material without changing the cut fill? If thats the case .. thats far superior then dealing with changing fills. Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Been meaning to download 14 anyways.