Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

EcoDesigner Star released

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the official press release about it:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/ecodesigner_star_release.html

Here is the Graphisoft EcoDesigner Star page with lots of information about its capabilities:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/ecodesigner_star/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
5 REPLIES 5
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Laszlo, I last used EcoDesigner back in 2006/7 when I was calibrating it against some other modelling platforms. I did not use it beyond that, but now that we are doing more and more Passive House work, the value of the integrated BIM/BEM workflow in AC24 it is incredibly important, and potentially profitable for GS. I have reached out to LV and AP to ask why STAR is no longer supported in the NZ and NA markets. I have obtained some excellent results from it recently, and plan to offer a webinar and training blog on some optimized workflow tips and tricks. Is there anyone at GS that I should speak with to try to encourage them to reconsider a limited STAR release with some specialized support? Best, Andy
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi Andy,

I am the Product Manager responsible for EcoDesigner STAR. I would be happy to hear your opinion and discuss your findings about the add-on. Please send me your email address via PM and we will organize a meeting.

Thanks.
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
Andy Thomson
Advisor
PS - the interesting thing about Passive House, is that not only is it the only energy standard that uses the same evaluation methodology and objective energy targets everywhere in the world as certified by PHI, but that the extensive localization work usually required to meet regional codes can be bypassed if PH standards are met. For example, at the higher levels of the BC Energy Step Code or the Toronto Green Standard here in Canada, PHPP results and PHI compliance/certification is accepted by our building codes on an equivalency basis - provided one does the reference modelling. That said, EcoDesigner STAR is capable of generating 90% of the data needed for PHPP data completion, AND it can automate comparison with a reference model as per ASHRAE 140 protocols. So LEED/PHI/Code compliance is possible with a single tool - ArchiCad! It just needs some guidance to complete the process and add a few wee tweaks for data export.
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Balint wrote:
we will organize a meeting.
Thanks Balint! I really look forward to developing some templates to assist the international user base ~ especially the ones that are working with PHPP.
Director
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Any update on this?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.