Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus

DGSketcher
Legend
Anybody using the inbuilt EcoDesigner software in v20 to export into Passivhaus assessment spreadsheet/software?

I have an associate who is Passivhaus certified but not skilled in 3D modelling; I'm trying to find out if EcoDesigner can communicate in a meaningful manner or do I have to invest in the Star version or is there any other recommendations to get AC to deliver the required data.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you set up the energy model (which takes some time and requires special zoning as I recall), you can export to PHPP from the Energy Model Review. There's a little arrow next to Start Energy Simulation where you can choose different file formats.

I haven't done this since it was added to ArchiCAD17 I believe and that was during an update course. Hopefully someone more experienced can add tips and experiences.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
DGSketcher
Legend
I did create a very basic single room model which as you say takes some setting up, although I assume things would speed up with experience. What concerned me was the output on first attempt didn't convey much reassurance as to the content but to be fair it was just a couple of hours messing. What I need is confidence that if I put the time in, will I see any benefit or should I just say to my associate "Here's a set of element / part schedules, you work it out!".

As you say, hopefully someone else has already been down this road that can share their experiences of meeting Passivhaus standards?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)