BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Ecodesigner STAR thermal bridge resolution error?

__archiben
Booster
hi all,

just testing Ecodesigner STAR before taking the plunge - i noticed the attached happening when working through the thermal bridging simulation for a (very bad) detail...

it looks to me like ecodesigner can't 'resolve' the detail enough when there are thin elements at an angle like this. i would expect these steel DHS purlins to have far more of an impact on the cold bridge but in ecodesigner's calculations it is almost as if it resolves the purlin into lots of discontinuous blocks . . . ?

what are others experiences?

~/b

Capture1.JPG
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's horses for courses.. and its probably fine for what all basic archicad uses are now expected to do
If clients want accuracy, they are better off going to an environmental engineer, most use poorly presentated FEA 2D. If you want to step it up ANSYS, Comsol, Adina all do 3D multiphysics (FEA) and costs 20x...but clients luv the presentation. LOL, its like 20 years ago when clients first saw Archicad/3D, they couldnt get enough, now its the norm. The great thing about multiphysics is you can write your own (Silver bullet) Pdes/Equations and purpose made apps and deliver them with absolute precision, like customized medicine
Ill see if I can put up some of my WDs up
Learn and get certified!