BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Ecodesigner and thermal bridges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I'm considering purchasing ED as preliminary design tool. We mainly do high energy-efficiency residential projects in Italy using CasaClima standards (www.agenziacasaclima.it). I'm wondering if I can somehow set ED up to match CasaClima calculation guidelines.

I had a look at its user guide and at the advanced user guide. I was wondering how ED 13/ ED14 deal with thermal bridges. Is there a paper describing how its VIP engine calculates heat losses in detail?

Furthermore, on CasaClima website is already available a Revit template, which is very upsetting...

Thank!

Enrico
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont think that ecodesigner calculate thermal bridges.
It alow you to modify some R values and you can put newer elements and values .
You can precalculate a medium value of a wall type therm. resist. with thermal bridge influence included .
So is not a correct and utile thermal analisys addon . Shameful for a BIM , only a child toy to pretend you have " calculated " something . Even with dedicated software is difficult to have a proffessional result of thermal bridges influence . For this reason was developed catalogues of thermal bridges dependant of country specific regulations . See european standard EN ISO 13370 . It is not so simple. Good luck .
Learn and get certified!