Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Ecodesigner question

Arcadia
Booster
I've just done my first assessment of a home with ecodesigner. I used my own house so I could compare the result with my actual bills to see how accurate it was. I have customised the materials XML file with more accurate figures also. The dollar value I got for running costs was about 10% UNDER the actual costs. This may well be an acceptable margin for error in all the averaging and assumptions that must go into the calculations - I don't know. But the thing is it doesn't seem to account for 4 skylights that I have in my vaulted ceiling (they are not highlighted in the model review or listed in the openings window) and the building volume doesn't include the vaulted portion of the main living area even though I have the story level set high enough to cover this. I have ceiling slabs in for the flat ceiling area's and the same composite applied as a roof for my vaulted ceilings with the skylights used from the std AC library (just a flat panel skylight). Any tips?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
2 REPLIES 2
Arcadia
Booster
Okay now my vaulted ceiling volume is show correctly but my skylights still aren't in the openings window.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Arcadia wrote:
Okay now my vaulted ceiling volume is show correctly but my skylights still aren't in the openings window.
Hi Arcadia,

Sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately skylights are not recognized yet in EcoDesigner. We plan to fix this shortcoming in a next major version.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base