Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Editable Grid

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

am I right in thinking that there is no Editable Grid option for door panels?

This option is available for windows and even door sidelights, but I can't for the life of me find it for door panels.

Thanks,

Michael
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
So no one else has wondered if there is an Editable Grid option for door panels!!!
Barry Kelly
It is right there in the image you posted.
The 'H-V grid' and 'French leaf' both have options for the number of vertical and horizontal panes.
Is this not what you are looking for?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Ah, I see you want the fully editable grid like in the window.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

yeah im looking for the fully editable grid, and i'm praying that i'm blind and/or having a 'man look', but I cant find any options for it.

Crazy that in 'the world's leading BIM software' you could have that option in windows, and even door sidelights, but not in door leafs.
Barry Kelly
It is not there that I could see either.
The only reason I can think of is because the door has a wider frame around it than the sidelight/window and then bottom is higher still.
However they can fit the standard horizontal/vertical grid in a door, so why not the editable one as well.

You can always create a custom door panel from slabs with the pattern you want, but it still won't be editable of course.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We've made parametric custom door panels for this. Requires a little bit of GDL editing to change the parameters though.

Currently I do not think it is possible to manipulate editable hotspots from a called object.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry and Erwin,

at least i'm not losing my mind looking for it and not being able to find it.

I had already resigned myself to having to create custom door panels, so in the end the door is looking correct, but could've been so much easier with the Editable Grid option, and of course there will be changes so will have to go back and amend the custom door panel at a later time.

Cheers