Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Editable Grid

jvogt
Participant

jvogt_0-1653423340401.png

Does anyone know how to actually edit the grid with this option?  There is nothing in the help, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to actually edit the grid. 

Thanks, 

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
jvogt
Participant

Got it - hot spots are only in 3d view. 

jvogt
Participant

Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason it's limited to 3D, and can't be manipulated in elevation? 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can edit the individual Grid elements of a Window in Sections/Elevations too, using the diamond-shaped handles.

WindowGridEditing-Elevation.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

You are right, it is not available in a Section/Elevation Viewpoint when the Window is placed into a Curtain Wall. At this point I can not decide whether this is a limitation or a bug as it works totally fine if the Curtain Wall is edited in 3D, but does not work when it is edited in a Section/Elevation Viewpoint. I will report this to Graphisoft.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for sharing the problem!

After consulting with the developers, we believe that this is intentional and also a limitation as well. This does not limit to the Editable grid but also any other hotspot on the CW panels. The Edit mode won't allow editing hotspot in section/elevation, thus the spots are disabled there to avoid confusion.

I hope this answers the question. Thank you very much for your understanding, and feel free to ask if you have any further problems!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT