BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing Nodes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I'm a student in Australia and I'm a little lost. I've read the help files like 100 times but I can't see where I'm going wrong.
I'm trying to decrease the length of a wall. It tells me to click on the node, and it will give me a 'pet palette' that will have the option to move the end node. Similarly I could go to Edit -> Reshape -> Stretch and do the same thing. None of these options work, all I seem to be able to do is move the wall as a whole, single piece.
I know it's an easy answer, but I'm just pressing the wrong button or something.
Please help, my house looks silly .
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Griffith
Booster
It appears you are trying to move the node with a group of walls selected. You need to turn off selection of groups - Edit>Grouping>Suspend Groups. Then when you select the wall you want to stretch, it will only select that wall, and the pet palette will have the icon for moving the node (stretch).
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Having multiple walls selected with groups suspended also allows you to stretch connected walls when you move one entirely. =D

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU!!!!

Fixed it perfectly, man I must have sounded such a n00b. Appreciate your help both of you, very much. This software is great and so is this forum
Learn and get certified!