BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing Plane in 3D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just switched to AC16 and we're having some issues with the 3D window. Two issues I'm wondering about:

1. Currently we can't get rid of the 3D editing plane and I've already tried setting it to completely transparent (grids and background) - it just resets to a solid white each time I go back to 3D view. Some other threads have implied that there is a "3D editing plane options" tab under "View" but I'm not seeing this as an option and I even tried to see if I could add it into the toolbar but it doesn't seem to exist at all (see screenshot of my view tools).

2. Antialiasing - I understand that we may have a driver issue as our 3d window is not antialiasing. If we go with the Plist editing suggestion posted elsewhere which manually overrides the 3D window to antialias does this solve the editing plane issue (the instructions hint that it may disable it which in our case would be a bonus)? Regardless, we should have the options of toggling the 3D editing plane I would think?

Any help is appreciated as these are quite difficult to work around and rather disappointing developments for AC16!
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
There is a Work Environment check box to display the editing plane only when editing ... this will get rid of it for normal viewing / navigation.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
There should be an option under the View Menu to turn it off also. I think that you need to reset your menus.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both. I found the toolbar command and added it back.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't seem to find the Editing plane under the View tab. I read that I can find it in the Work Environment toolbar and have it checked. Where is that located? I want to turn the Editing plane off in the Open GL.

Thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Work Environment Dialog you can go to the Menus page. Then you should list All commands in alphabetical order on the left side and add it to the View menu on the right side.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!