Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Editing existing library parts to solve 2d symbol problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, this is kind of a GDL object/Schedule question. I'm trying to solve the problem listed here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=34647&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highligh...

However this person was using a 2d symbol they created themselves. I'm using the pre-existing light objects, and i'd like to create a schedule list that just contains the symbols. But the light symbols show rotated because I have lights rotated in different directions in plan.

Is it possible to do something similar to the solution in the post above, but for pre-existing objects, such as Lights and furniture.

I'm trying to have my symbols produce automatically on my light schedule. This way i don't have to manually add which lights i've used in a project.

THANK YOU!

using archicad 15 btw
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately you will need to edit the library part.
That means either saving it as a new object and using that or saving over the existing object and never updating your library again (or upgrading to a new version) unless you want to make this change again also.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11