Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Elevator door cutting both sides of the cabin

Emre Senoglu
Expert
hiya - I'm trying to fix an issue about an elevator door (the door seems to cut holes in both sides of the cabin, despite being set to do so only on one side), however nothing i do seems to fix the issue. Is this a bug in the GDL? Thanks!

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

5 REPLIES 5
Carstenem
Expert
Can you move your lift outside the building model, just to make sure nothing else is cutting this hole .
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Yep I have tried this, and it makes no difference. The elevator on the right was to test this, and you can see that the door cuts both the cabin side and back walls.

www.senoglu.dk

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue on my own machine, even on TUR version. I'm wondering if you could share a sample PLA file (a PLA file is stored with library parts) where I can see the problem for myself and compare the settings of the elevator?

Thank you very much for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Emre Senoglu
Expert
Hey Minh, thanks for your attention to the subject. I forgot to mention I was on v22. I will try on another machine, and on v23 and get back to you.

www.senoglu.dk

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your response! I tested the object on AC22 INT and TUR (as I can see on the screenshot, it is the Elevator 22), but couldn't reproduce the issue. Let me know the result of the test when you have time!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT