Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Empty fill

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to look through a table top on plan to see the fill below? I would also like to see the table top. I have set the fill on the table to empty fill, I thought I would be able to see through it. I have all the fills set on vectorial hatching in display settings. Also tried it wil cover fills set to no fills. Also tried to get both the fill and the table at the same place with display order, but that does not seem to work either. Any help there.

I guess I could just draw the outline of the table, but I hate to do double drawing.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
fmr beat me to it, but I'll post it anyway...

Empty Fill can be opaque if the element's fill has a background color. Any non-solid fill can be. Pen 0 makes the fill background transparent. In the AC library table objects, the background parameter is under the 2D Representation heading.

There is a Fill Background Color display option which controls to how backgrounds are displayed, if they aren't using pen 0.

In the attached image, the table object has background pen 0, and the counter slab has BG pen 91; both are using Empty Fill. The display options are cover fills: vectorial, and Fill Background Color: By Elements' setting.

HTH,
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks. Got it.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com