BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Empty opening plaster finish

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I want to put an empty door opening in a wall but it wont close the wall with the plaster finish.

Ive posted an image that shows the opening with a purple line where I would like to see the plaster finish. What setting do i need to put on the empty opening for this plaster finish to show on the plan?

anyone know how to do this please??
6 REPLIES 6
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

Try using the openings from the library instead of simple opening option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yes I should have stated that I did use the library openings
Anonymous
Not applicable
For any empty opening wether using a library part or empty opening, how do I show the plaster finish on the reveal??
24.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was surfing on www waves and see your problem...Let me help you...

This is workaround...I don't know what problems this workaround could bring...so....be careful

Insert door - empty opening, split wall, add wall end tool.
workaround.JPG
Karl Ottenstein
Have you tried the library part under "Openings" called "Rectangular Door Opening"? It provides for skin wrapping. See attached screenshot.

If this part is not in your international library, search for it in the search field of the Door Settings dialog... it is available for download from there if you do not have it.
Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 5.18.14 PM.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your help everyone, finally got it. Dont understand why but yesterday it seemed like the standard opening library part didn't have the option to turn on plaster reveal.
Learn and get certified!