Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Energy Evaluation Solar thermal collector Panel area

chrrev
Newcomer
Just noticed today that Ecodesigner Star seems to limit the Solar thermal collector panel area to 100 m2... Is it just me or is there really a bug/deliberate limitation?
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I don't know about such limitation, but maybe we are looking at different dialogs or something. Could you send me a project of yours you have this problem with (in PLA), and some pictures of where you see this issue?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
chrrev
Newcomer
Hi Daniel, I’d like to but I cannot send the .pla extension even on your private message interface... I’ll just send a screenshot for now... It’s not really a problem for most applications - 100 m2 of thermal solar is a lot after all, but I just wonder what is the reason behind this limit.
While I’m here, the Photovoltaics system panel area doesn’t have a limit BUT - there’s always a but - past a certain point, increasing the area doesn’t reduce the purchased energy figure, which I have difficulty to come to grips with... Because for other systems such as wind, quite logically, If I increase the wind energy kWh, I can see immediately a reduction in purchased energy (electricity in my case)...
What I would like to know is if GS has a fully worked out example of a simple zero purchased energy building using renewable systems. I cannot seem to get to that elusive zero with EDS...