BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Enlarged Floor Plan ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The project I am working on is 126' long which is to long to fit on my layout at 1/4" scale. Thats fine I import my floor plan in 1/8" scale, But if I use the detail tool to create an enlarged floor plan AC will not allow me to place a detail marker within the enlarged floor plan (detail). I don't want to place all my detail markers on the 1/8" scale plan because it will become to congested. Does anyone have a technique for inserting a cropped 1/4" duplicate of my floor plan? If I use the detail tool to create an enlarged floor plan it also dosen't transfer my dimensions, but that dosent bother me that much. I am a novice user (1 week) so bear with me! I Know you can use a polygon fill to crop an image in Plotmaker but that seems a little sloppy.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot place a detail marker within another detail marker and I don't think this would be a good use for the detail tool as the model becomes uninked (reverts to lines). It would be much better to create different view sets for each different scale that you need. On the 1/4" plan you could then place the detail markers for things like column or window details that would be enhanced for construction documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
It would be much better to create different view sets for each different scale that you need. On the 1/4" plan you could then place the detail markers for things like column or window details that would be enhanced for construction documentation.
I agree, this is what I do too. So set up another layer for 'room plan' or some such and put on it the things only to be seen in this view. Then set up a new quickview accordingly.
Learn and get certified!