BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Error Triangle

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to get the sides of my walls to show the different layers of building materials. When I select the wall and go to the Building Materials option box, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. I don't know what this means or how to make it go away, but I think this is why I am not able to get the walls side materials to show up. ArchiCAD is only allowing me to pick one building material for all of the layers at the same time in the Wall Selection Settings option box.

errorTriangle.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
3 REPLIES 3
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hovering on the yellow triangle indicates you have legacy option enabled.
Go to your Project Preferences to the Legacy panel, turn off the check box for the older intersection method. Which changed in ARCHICAD 17.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
toman311
Enthusiast
That fixed the problem, but now the way my complex profiles join with other elements in section is messed up. It goes back to being correct when I check the box in the Legacy options for the intersections. I am not sure why the complex profile joinery is acting this way with that button unchecked. I am also not sure how to fix this problem now.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
When this legacy option is ON, then intersections between elements are as per AC16 and before - so no skin based intersections/clean up (i.e. no Priority Based Connections), also no skin based surfaces.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/elements-of-the-...#

Turning this option OFF, will consider Building Material Intersection Priority values for skins, so your model will appear differently as a result due to the Priority Based Connections.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Learn and get certified!