Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Etiquette

Djordje
Ace
Dear Talkers,

PLEASE follow the Etiquette:

- use the username known from the old Talk or your real name
- put your location in the Profile; in the case of US locations, please put also US at the end
- if you want to change your username, contact the Administrator

A few tips:

- if you were following a thread on the old Talk, please continue it here
- please try the attachments; check the allowed file types first, and don't forget the 256K per post limit!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
17 REPLIES 17
Dwight
Newcomer
Could the moderator please post a list of forbidden words.

For example, are [censored], [censored], [censored], [censored] and [censored] allowed?

Dwight
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a nice change. I have always preferred BBoards over mailing lists. The search feature will come in VERY handy as this board progresses. Good call with using phpBB, Djordje. I use it on another web site, and I have had no, or little problems with it.

BTW if you need any help, let me know. I've been running phpBB for 2 years now. 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
- please try the attachments; check the allowed file types first, and don't forget the 256K per post limit!
That's going to be tough to post anything but screen shots - no ZIPed PLNs I guess.
gpowless
Advocate
Hello all,

I've always found the list-serve format a lot klunky and I couldn't bother participating in it (although I do read every day).

I know that I will enjoy this format very much and look forward to adding my experiences to everyone else's.

Gregg Powless

Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
LiHigh
Newcomer
I agree with Gpowless. I've been a dedicated reader of Archicad Talk but have not even post a single message till now.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yes, great work guys.

I used to subscribe to the list, but got sick of it

But, I think I'll be here a fair bit.

James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Yes agreed.. This is fantastic. It's much more accessible for people, more user friendly so to speak..

But as I mentioned in the beta phase Djordje, 5 posts per page is too little. Is it possable to change so we can see more posts per page???
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Beno wrote:
Yes agreed.. This is fantastic. It's much more accessible for people, more user friendly so to speak..

But as I mentioned in the beta phase Djordje, 5 posts per page is too little. Is it possable to change so we can see more posts per page???
I totally agree beno. would be nice if the default was say 20posts per pages.

And while I'm at it, those blinking icons on the main pages are a little annoying. would be nice if a thread with unread topics/post in it was just a different colour - and static

Cheers.
James.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
stefan
Expert
Good news. I really started to hate the text-based mailing list.

And nice to see some images too. Come on, everyone should post a picture, so we finally see who we have been talking to for the last few years.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book