Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Etiquette

Djordje
Ace
Dear Talkers,

PLEASE follow the Etiquette:

- use the username known from the old Talk or your real name
- put your location in the Profile; in the case of US locations, please put also US at the end
- if you want to change your username, contact the Administrator

A few tips:

- if you were following a thread on the old Talk, please continue it here
- please try the attachments; check the allowed file types first, and don't forget the 256K per post limit!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
17 REPLIES 17
Djordje
Ace
stefan wrote:
And nice to see some images too. Come on, everyone should post a picture, so we finally see who we have been talking to for the last few years.
Who is the biggest surprise?

I vote for Dwight ... such a poker face!

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Jef Forward
Participant
I am dissapointed with this site. It seems that passive participation was on the low end of the priority scale.

Before - I could see all the topics, delete the ones of no or little interest, and read others of interest - even if I wasnt in need of fixing a problem. Now I have to search just to listen in....and in this type of furum...it will just be more banter.

I completly agree with Wendy - I will use this site occasionally, but no where near the old list.

Also - why break up the conversations into categories?? Archicad is so interrelated, I already feel like I am missing something if I dont look into every category....which just add more time .. Beside, Isnt that what escribe provides

Hope it will improve over time.

Jef
DanielPon
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Jef wrote:
I am dissapointed with this site. It seems that passive participation was on the low end of the priority scale.
Perhaps we can have a section that shows the Ten latest posts. These 10 posts will be the latest, regardless of what section they were written in.

This function is implemented on other forums built on a similar engine. http://www.thereeftank.com/index.php for example. This allows passive readers to see all the new topics and recent activities. Posting or researching can then be done in the actual forums. I am pretty active on this forum and find it very efficient.

So what do you think Djordje? Is this possible? Or a good idea?
Daniel Pon
Graphisoft Technical Consultant
San Francisco, CA - Remote Office
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel, this is a great idea and I think it will please those who prefer the list format. You should make certain that is shows the latest "posts" and not the latest "topics".
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can select "view posts since last visit" at the bottom of the main page. This works well to just keep up with the various conversations.
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
How do you add a picture in your profile? I don't remember being prompted for that when I registered to the newe forum.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
How do you add a picture in your profile? I don't remember being prompted for that when I registered to the newe forum.
After logging in just go to the 'Profile' link at the top right of the page ... at the _very bottom_ of the page there is an option to upload an 'avatar' (bulletin-board speak for 'piccy') - note the maximum sizes allowed ...

Good luck & look forward to seeing you soon!

HTH - Stuart
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djole, cao