BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Exclude a Modules Layer

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to exclude a layer from a module?

By not loading select layers, files containing hotlinks would be leaner as content that is not required would not be loaded into the parent file.

eg. I could exclude furniture and concealed structural elements from a module that is being used only externally to show context. I would also be able to exclude site elements that have been included in each individual module.

Thanks,

Ling

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
No unfortunately not.
What ever you save in your module is what you ill get back when you hotlink it in.

Saving your module as a MOD file is a little leaner as it only saves attributes that are used in the module.
So you only get back exactly what is needed.

Saving your module as a PLN save all attribute - used or not.
So these will all come back into the file when you hotlink.

If you hotlink into a layer (that is obviously on) in a layer combination and you furniture layer is off in that layer combination then the hotlinked module will also have that layer turned off.
As soon as you turn the layer off that you module is in then the entire module will turn off.

Place your hotlink in the Archicad layer then the hotlink will be on all the time as you can't turn that layer off, but will use the same layer combinations as set up in your model.
So if your layer combo turns off the site or furniture layer, your hotlink will do the same (assuming your hotlink file and master file have the same layer setup).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!