Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Exclude certain doors from a zone scheme

BirkGabri
Participant

Hello

I want to do a rough comparison of the floor area to the door/window area of an apartment-building on an apartment by apartment basis. I've set up a zone scheme, as it can give me both the floor area of the zone, as well as information on windows/doors etc along the outer walls of the zone. 

The problem comes from the fact that this comparison I need to do, only should take into account doors and windows that lie in the external walls of the building. When I use the "Door surface area" field, i end up with the surface of all doors on the perimeter of the zone, including the one that leads into the stairwell. Is there any way to, in more detail, define which doors I want to measure the area of? 

  

Skjermbilde 2022-01-24 kl. 13.20.04.png

Skjermbilde 2022-01-24 kl. 13.23.16.png

If I understand the scheduling system at work here "doors surface area" is a property of the zone in question, not the doors themselves? So it is not enough to differentiate the doors, such as through properties, classification or ID. There must also be some way for the zone to recognize these differences in the doors that adjoin it. Is there a way to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Unfortunately, those are the Total Area of all Doors/Window and you can not access the values of the individual Doors/Windows around the Zone.

The other way around is to schedule Doors/Windows and schedule the Related Zone/From Zone/To Zone fields, but in that case you will not have the Zone areas available.

So, I can not offer a solution here, I think this is something you will have to calculate manually.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Unfortunately, those are the Total Area of all Doors/Window and you can not access the values of the individual Doors/Windows around the Zone.

The other way around is to schedule Doors/Windows and schedule the Related Zone/From Zone/To Zone fields, but in that case you will not have the Zone areas available.

So, I can not offer a solution here, I think this is something you will have to calculate manually.

Thank you for the reply. How unfortunate, luckily this won't be too hard to fix in excel. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, probably Excel is the best route for achieving this.