Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Export Door Leaf

EH21
Booster

I don't know why I'm not figuring this out, but I cannot figure out how to export a custom door leaf. I created a custom leaf in one project and wish to use it in another...how can I export it from one project to another?

Thank you!

ArchiCAD: AC26, Version 4024 USA Full (Apple Silicon)
Computer: 2022 Apple M1 Max, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64 GB memory
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The custom door leaf will likely be saved within the embedded library of the project you created it in. 

Go to the Library Manager and select the Embedded Library tab. You should see the custom door leaf in the main window. There are a series of buttons beneath the min window. Select the custom door leaf you want to export and select the button to save it out of the embedded library to a location on your machine. Best to create a new folder. Go to the project you wish to import the custom door leaf in to, go to Library Manager and either import the whole folder as a linked library or import the single object to the embedded library. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Lingwisyer_0-1670461578018.png

I usually either export to a project specific AC folder, or to our default custom office library depending on the object. Do remember that if you created the Door Leaf via the "Save Selection as Door Leaf" it will be stretched to match the panel size of any new door your insert it into.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution

The custom door leaf will likely be saved within the embedded library of the project you created it in. 

Go to the Library Manager and select the Embedded Library tab. You should see the custom door leaf in the main window. There are a series of buttons beneath the min window. Select the custom door leaf you want to export and select the button to save it out of the embedded library to a location on your machine. Best to create a new folder. Go to the project you wish to import the custom door leaf in to, go to Library Manager and either import the whole folder as a linked library or import the single object to the embedded library. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Lingwisyer_0-1670461578018.png

I usually either export to a project specific AC folder, or to our default custom office library depending on the object. Do remember that if you created the Door Leaf via the "Save Selection as Door Leaf" it will be stretched to match the panel size of any new door your insert it into.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
ryejuan
Advisor

The simplest way is to create a door and apply your custom door leaf then copy paste the wall that is hosting the door in the project you want to use it. Hope this helps you.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Not really a fan of that methodology as it continues to build up objects in your embedded library. I try to keep the embedded library to a minimum, zero objects if possible so you improve load times of your file and prevent it from bogging down. When you create, it starts there, but then I push it to a project or practice level library depending on the use case and need.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

Yeah, I know but sometimes users here just need a quick fix at this moment. Consolidating it to .lcf instead of the embedded library is the way to go.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

It’s cool. You can do it that way, no one that works with me will ever do it that way. A quick fix is never the answer in my workflows, it is always the right way. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. 😀

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX