Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Exporting ArchiCad layout to Photoshop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm an Architecture student trying to export my ArchiCad layouts to photoshop for further editing. I've been trying with various formats (pdf; jpeg; TIFF) but when I open them in Photoshop they are all transparent, like the opacity is set to 50%. Is this happening to anyone else?
2 REPLIES 2
rgarand
Booster
We typically draw all of our layouts to the publisher and make pdfs...then save to jpgs/tiffs etc from the PDF...or you can just open the PDF from photoshop, then save to jpg/tiff etc.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Karl Ottenstein
João wrote:
I'm an Architecture student trying to export my ArchiCad layouts to photoshop for further editing. I've been trying with various formats (pdf; jpeg; TIFF) but when I open them in Photoshop they are all transparent, like the opacity is set to 50%. Is this happening to anyone else?
I'm surprised that this is happening with image formats - you mention jpeg and tiff - but it is normal Photoshop behavior with PDF files, as a vector/text PDF (vs an image PDF) has no background - that is supplied by the paper. 🙂

This is a Photoshop issue, not an ArchiCAD one ... but you want to open (convert) your PDF in Photoshop with antialiasing checked for smoothest results at the pixel size that you must specify (which should be a DPI that works for your final output size). Then, you should create a new layer that you drag behind the PDF-conversion layer and fill the new layer with white. (Shortcut keys for that are D, for default pens [black/white], then cmd-backspace to fill the active layer with the background color = white.] Finally, you can merge the layers.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB