BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'External drawing status checking' driving me crazy

In the layout environment, every time I want to do something I need to wait until the idiotic checking decides to stop. It takes a while even after I hit the 'Stop' button. Can I set it to wait longer before starting, or set it to Manual?
11 REPLIES 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do you have the Drawing Manager open? If so, it runs much faster if you close it. I assign a keyboard shortcut to show/hide mine.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
I just keep all my drawings set to Manual.
Tom Waltz
Srinivas
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
I just keep all my drawings set to Manual.
Here is how you do it. Just incase you didn't know. or you select all the layouts in the drawing manage double clik the drawing tool and in the identification tab you will see Auto/Manual updates.
manual update.jpg
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Would be much easier to use the Drawing Manager to set them all at one time.

Cheers,
Link.
Agh! I always set my stuff to manual too so, but there was other stuff in the template in automatic.

Thanks.
Rick Thompson
Expert
I keep the internal drawings set to auto and the external ones set to manual... that seems to not get in the way (time drain) and keeps me safe for printing.. so I don't forget.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
christurley
Newcomer
I am a newbie and this may be obvious (and still helpful to other newbies referencing this) but the update won't happen if the layer is locked.
Chris Turley
www.TurleyArchitects.com

Windows 10, Archicad 23
THINKPAD P50 32GB RAM, 64 BIT OS
Barry Kelly
christurley wrote:
I am a newbie and this may be obvious (and still helpful to other newbies referencing this) but the update won't happen if the layer is locked.
Just to clarify this is only if you lock the layer in the layouts that the drawing has been placed on.
This does not apply if you lock the layers in the model views of Archicad.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
POTS
Booster

this is still quite an issue, i can barely work in layouts, its all the time just calculating, and more like a bug since it doesnt stop calculating. 

AC 25 NED 6000 | WIN 11 | i9 + 32GB + RTX 2080TI
Learn and get certified!