Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Extruding a Morph

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Everyone!

Why this morph is not giving me the option of extrude face or Tube?

this morph was made by drawing with the polygonal method, and is not part of a group or something. This options you see here are the only options I'm getting.

Someone Knows about this? What is happening here?

fdfd.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi arqrivas,

Go to Design > Modify Morph > Hidden Morph Geometry so that there is no checkmark next to it.
-
-

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much Ncornia!!!
That was it.
But Why does that has to do with the extruding and tube command?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the reason you do not have those options appearing on the Pet Palette when Hidden Morph Geometry is displayed is because in that case you can edit that Hidden Morph Geometry. So you can edit the sub-polygons of Morph Faces but not the full Morph Faces themselves. In this case all those commands of the Pet Palette that apply to full Morph Faces (Push/Pull, Tube, Bulge, Offset All Edges, Custom Face Settings) are not displayed since those do not apply to Face sub-polygon editing.
This is a feature of the Pet Palette that it displays only those commands that make sense in the given situation. For example, when you have your cursor on a polygon node (vertex), the "Offset Edge" command is not available in the Pet Palette because it does not apply in that case.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the explanation Laszlonagy. It make sense.
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I discovered that - sometimes it seems to be necessary to change the viewpoint slightly to more from above - and then it works - strange ...
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Eduardo Rolon
Hmooslechner wrote:
I discovered that - sometimes it seems to be necessary to change the viewpoint slightly to more from above - and then it works - strange ...
Seen this too.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator